Seismic datasets are one of several Geophysical techniques commonly being utilized throughout the life cycle of Carbon captures, utilization, and storage (CCUS) projects worldwide.
2D/3D seismic datasets allow for initial large scale subsurface geological assessment and feasibility for potential CO2 CCS sequestration sites. During injection, 4D time-lapse seismic is a valuable method for monitoring the CO2 sequestration process.
Over the past ten years our seismic imaging expertise has been utilized on many acclaimed and internationally recognized CO2 sequestration projects, including projects in Western Canada, United States and Australia. For example, over the past five years we have been acutely involved in the Weyburn-Midale Carbon Dioxide project, the World’s largest carbon capture and storage project. Our experience in this field has led to the development of specialized all-inclusive state-of-the-art seismic data processing workflows applicable to these CCS projects including:
- Seismic acquisition design and parameter verification
- Multi-dimensional 2D/3D well guided seismic processing workflows
- 4D Time Lapse Monitoring
- Multi-Component (Converted Wave) workflows
- Fracture characterization via specialized azimuthal analysis
- AVO Inversion (PP or joint PP/PS) generating rock property attributes for QI work
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.